Monday, March 15, 2010

You Are Talented!

It felt good to hear. All of this time, energy, and hundreds of thousands of dollars (your eyes are not playing tricks on you) later and I began wondering what in the hell did I do to myself. See, it turns out that I do not want to go into academia. I got a Ph.D. (positive self-talk – support me here) and it turns out I want to work with children in schools. Over the past year and a half I have been doing some soul-searching. I mean the kind you do when you have no job and you really love to shop and there is a recession and oh wait a Depression of some sort and life is going to hell in a hand basket for everyone including those with doctorates. Literally. God led me to the schools – He paid me well and gave me the awareness that my passion was invoked while working there. He made a way for me to change advisors and get a job working in a low performing school and guess what! I love it! I love the students a bunch and often have to engage in a conversation with myself about whose needs are being served because although I am serving in the midst I am being served as well. And so, I completed my first school counselor application today. One order of fulfillment coming up!

Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms. If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen.
1 Peter 4:10-11

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I didn't know. I will be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks I appreciate it and I could certainly always use prayer!

    ReplyDelete