Wednesday, March 3, 2010

In The Name of the Father, the Son, & the Holy Spirit...Amen!

Let me start off by saying that there are some really amazing and talented young people out there. I had the opportunity to meet a few Saturday as I conducted Penn interviews for high school seniors living in the Central Ohio area. My first interview was at 10:30 a.m. and my last at 5:00 p.m. (I know – I’m committed). One young woman in particular was so friggin’ (that is a word) amazing (she reminded me of myself – just kidding). She was a great conversationalist, super articulate, considerably thoughtful, with a ton of other wonderful qualities. Strap in because I am going somewhere with this…She was (I suppose she still is) Catholic and we were talking about abstaining during Lent and if this is what Jesus really wants. She said during last year’s Lent season she decided to do something instead of not doing something (like we do during Advent, which makes sense because what we now consider Advent – the time leading to Christmas - was once upon a time referred to as Lent). If Lent is ultimately about strengthening your relationship with Christ, you’re kind of missing the point if you now use your internet instead of your television (I swear I am not talking about myself). *sigh* Pray for me…

No comments:

Post a Comment