Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Snitches!

Well, it has been awhile since I have posted last. As you know, I had my Colloquium Presentation (Proposal Meeting) on Monday. The experience was surreal to say the least. Many of you are not aware of my past advisor and her mean and manipulative behavior (but I guess you know now). Anyway, this was the first time I met with my new committee in its entirety and it was a great experience. They challenged me (I mean they asked some really tough questions), but they weren't intent on humiliating and demeaning me like that other broad. Even though they were not patsies, they supported me throughout the entire process. It was at the end of the meeting after everyone signed the paper (everyone signs off and this means that you can go forward and collect data) that I realized that I was like a battered woman without the bruises. I really didn't (and still don't) know what to do with all that support I was given. It felt weird (this is the best description I can provide at this point) to receive support. It should have felt weird when that racist broad (she is not a lady) was mistreating me (sadly enough, it didn't).

Okay. So after the meeting I went to El Vaquero with Caroline (I am going somewhere with this - follow me). She talked about how she gave up desserts for Lent, but that she had a peanut butter cup blizzard on her way back from Tennessee. Then we began talking about television (I shared that I had given it up). You know those dang counselors...they are always asking 1,001 questions...What are your favorite shows? Did you see the Oscars? Blah blah blah blah...And when I got home I watched television. STOP JUDGING ME! To be fair, Jesus is a great interventionist because I fell asleep within the first ten minutes of the television being on. I thought I would keep it as our little secret (you know, we have shared quite a few over the years), but a certain someone (who will not be named, but anonymous person know that you are no longer in my will) said you better blog about that or else I will. Hmph.

2 comments:

  1. LMAO. Why would someone snitch on you? Go easy on her. I'm sure she meant in in love. As for your proposal meeting, congrats on getting the signatures, and congrats on being treated the only way you deserve to be treated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know right? Why would SOMEONE snitch on me? Soon enough you will be gathering signatures, too!

    ReplyDelete