Friday, March 26, 2010

People Before Things

There is less than a week left of Lent. So many of you with grandiose faith thought I would be cured of my tele desire (of course I am not). The way in which I watch television will be different though as my DVR practices have changed dramatically. All of the shows that I thought were okay, but wasn't crazy about I have stopped recording and wasting my time watching (sorry Castle). Erasing watched shows from the DVR made me feel as if I had completed something (I guess technically I had completed "something"), which is a part of the sickness I think (I refuse to admit that a perfectly sane person - well, sane the majority of the time person - wasted so much time on shows she doesn't even really like). Now here's the kicker: I was willing to spend a trillion plus hours on television that didn't surprise me, make me crack a smile, or anything else that would signal to others that I found it the least bit pleasurable, but people I like a wee bit (a unit smaller than a little) I spend absolutely zero time engaging. Something to think about...

On a side note (well, I don't really have one - I just missed the side note - terribly)...

No comments:

Post a Comment