Thursday, February 18, 2010

That Red Light!

The DVR was for sure created by one of God's people. Who else would make sure that I'd be able to record at least two of my shows at a time and play them back without having to sit through commercials? When I arrived home last night, that red light was on and I was so tempted to turn the television on - just to see what was taping, of course. While eating a slice of pizza I thought, "Television would go great with this..." It seems television is like a great merlot (because I don't drink, I am unable to sensibly complete the analogy, but you get it). The DVR is what started this whole thing. I could have easily given up some food group, but no, that was not good enough. Last Thursday, all 46% of my DVR storage disappeared and when I reacted as if my bestie disappeared and not television shows, I thought, "TELEVISION! I should give up television!" After I acknowledged it, I wished I could go back and unacknowledge it, but as you all know there is no going back and so here I am wishing I could sneak a peek at Oprah (I would watch paid programming at this point). So wish me luck! So far I haven't created any additional time for myself, but my hope is that I will gain something (enlightenment, smaller thighs, peace - my expectations are not lofty at all).

No comments:

Post a Comment