Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Intervention

Do you know what goes with a nice tender slice of brisket (besides faux Kool-Aid and a top notch dinner roll)? A one hour crime drama. And so it goes…another day passes without television. I am finding that even though I am not watching television, I am not yet enlightened. This is probably because I have picked up another habit – internet surfing. Via internet surfing, I found a little gold nugget also known as abridged transcripts of American Idol. I told you! This is a sickness. Maybe now you’ll take me seriously. This television habit didn’t spring out of nowhere. I was obsessed when I was a kid. I simply replaced Sesame Street with Law & Order (by the way, have you noticed that there haven’t been new episodes in a long time). In the interest of full disclosure (I mean, it is Lent and all): Mommy, when you told me to go to my room and do my homework without television, I turned the television on (with the volume low of course) and watched while I did my homework. When I heard you walking up the stairs, I’d turn it off (if any of you know how slow my mother moves, you know this was a piece of cake). Wow, I feel better already.

On another note, I scheduled my proposal meeting for next week, but since I have not received feedback as of yet, I rescheduled it. Well, I am in the process of rescheduling it. I am optimistic, but it appears this thing (also called graduation) will not occur in June. Do you know what this realization calls for? Ice cream. No, ice cream and cake. No, ice cream, cake, and The Good Wife (this is the best one hour drama ever).

No comments:

Post a Comment